Friday, September 25, 2015

Reading For Fun! :D

  Hi. I'm Khandaker, most of my friends call me Khandy. I don't read books all the time, I'm not a bookworm, however, when I find an interesting book, I just can't leave it. For example, the book I'm reading right now is called Legends and it is so interesting! I just love reading now. The characters and setting are described so well, I feel like I'm actually in the story. Another example is the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. It's so detailed, even though it's not real, it sure connects to real life and teaches some beneficial morals.

  I think reading is a great way of getting out of reality. It might just be imagination but books are a really good way of relieving yourself from problems/panics. Some people treat books like nothing, but it's a great source of knowledge. A famous Youtuber, Tai Lopez, thanks books for his success. He reads a new book everyday, and he's crazy rich. For the past few days, I've been reading the Legend series. I am so interested in the book, I finished it in a day. It's a science fiction book just like The Hunger Games, which is also a very intriguing book. 

  Over the summer, I've mostly been reading science/humanities articles. This year, I'm taking the SHSAT test, so I've been going through many articles. I've learned a lot through books that I didn't know before and it has helped me a lot because I can understand more things now.

  I have so many spots in my house to read. I normally lay down on the sofa in front of the sun and read, it feels really good when you read and the sun is shining on you like some kind of angel? I don't know, it's pretty weird. Haha. 


  Whenever I read, I always try visualizing the story, I feel like I'm actually in the story. Although, from a distance, I might look stupid, trying to act out the story. Trust me, you do not want to see me visualizing an action scene! 

  My favorite genre is probably fantasy. I love fantasy! It's like a whole different world you're in, with magic or imagination. It's really fun to think that you're the main character of a fantasy, "fantasizing."

  I believe that reading should be something that kids do for fun, it shouldn't be forced or taken lightly. Although some kids don't read on a daily basis, they're just hurting themselves. I used to be one of those kids. My goal for this year is to try my best to read every single day and help myself benefit.                        


  


No comments:

Post a Comment